Thursday, July 4, 2013

Wolfenstein 3D Secret Level (w3d_sec)

Author: Ozarkpro and Vicpas
# of levels: 1
Rating: 5/10
Difficulty: Easy/Medium

Ozarkpro released his first map with the help of Vicpas, which is a sequel to the map "w3d" by "The Pirate". In this map, the player simply has to find and steal all treasure items scattered throughout the map and hidden in secret rooms. There are A LOT of treasure items to be stolen, so I hope you like treasure. ;)

If you haven't played the Wolfenstein 3D version of this level, you may not know where the secret areas are. I had to use the /noclip cheat to find some of the secrets, because even though I have Wolf 3D on my computer, I didn't know the level well when I played this.

The gameplay is simple, and the enemies toughness range from easy to medium. The medium enemies are, of course, the blackguard soldiers with fg42's, and the proto and super soldiers in the map.

There are also some zombies to fight, even Olaric (the beast from the original map boss1), who for some reason, was taken down quickly by just one panzerfaust rocket. I guess ozarkpro didn't give him enough health in his .ai script. ;)

The map design is pretty weak looking though. I understand that this is ozarkpro's first map, but some more creativity in the level design and .ai scripting would not have hurt. Especially since a large portion of the map has fully bright lighting (without any light sources at all). I also think the ai could have been marching around, smoking, talking, etc... instead of standing around doing nothing.

I did like the purple and blue lighting that were in parts of the map. I can't think of any other sp maps that use purple or blue lighting. Overall, this map is okay, but really could have been better.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xe8amstszw


I did not record the video above. All credit goes to Vicpas.

Yo$hik's playthrough in "extreme quality": https://goo.gl/Ez2ctI

No comments:

Post a Comment